Men and women of all ages can fellowship and grow together at Westminster in a number of ways. We encourage all adults to participate in "smaller communities," which is our way of describing different affinity groups, including (but not limited to):
- Adult Bible Studies - Some call them "Sunday School" classes, which are the classes that meet during one of two hours on Sundays, 9:30a-10:30a and 11:00a-noon.
- Community Groups - Groups that meet on or off campus and made up of men, women, couples, singles, etc.
- 39'ers - Dedicated to supporting one another in times of sickness, injury, grief, and loneliness, the 39ers of Westminster and their friends, aged 50+, get together each month, from January thru May and September thru December - on the second Thursday from 12:30-1:30 in the Fellowship Hall. This includes a luncheon provided by our church's hospitality director, Sophie for $5.00, followed by a program featuring an interesting speaker or entertainment. In addition, there is a special Christmas program. This is a wonderfully active ministry blessed by strong ties of Christian fellowship. Members are encouraged to bring friends, not necessarily from our membership. Point Persons: Marilyn Miller (864-205-8604) and JoAnn Bristow (864-978-4879)
- Wednesday Night - Fellowship dinner, 6-6:30p, followed by on-campus Community Groups, 6:30-7:30p.
- Choir - The men and women who help lead choral music at our 11a service and other events.
- Ministry Teams - Groups who serve in specific areas within our church. (More to come.)
- Service - Groups/Ministry teams who serve our neighbors in Spartanburg and across the world.
- Support groups - WPC offers seasonal groups for GriefShare and DivorceCare.
To learn more about these opportunities or smaller communities, contact Justin.Lewis@wpcspartanburg.org.